acl lifestyle three port problem help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi people,

hot water ok but central heating failed.
the three port is a acl 679H340-30L0,it has the manual lever on top,if i move that across and lock in position (fill position) CH works fine,once i kill the power completely the lever will move back across to HW only,then with power back on CH will fail untill i move lever back across,would this suggest that valve is ok and that the synchro motor has failed?
i can get a motor for £15 and replace my self of i can get a plumber to replace whole unit with a new one for £200.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Loads of 3 port answers on the search function. I'd love to see you change the motor by yourself though. You will go wrong.

will go wrong ??? killed power removed plastic cover removed to screws motor comes away with metal shield,disconnected two orange cables,currently holding motor in hands. what could of went wrong?

Loads of 3 port answers on the search function. I'd love to see you change the motor by yourself though. You will go wrong.

will go wrong ??? killed power removed plastic cover removed to screws motor comes away with metal shield,disconnected two orange cables,currently holding motor in hands. what could of went wrong?

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/acl-lifestyle-three-port-problem-help.453431/#ixzz40H3E2AeJ

Sponsored Links
What's your problem then? You've fixed it, haven't you?

What's your problem then? You've fixed it, haven't you?[/QUO

problem? read original post and you'll see my question, try understanding the post before leaving stupid answers that are not relevant,ta.

Sounds good so far. Refitting is the reverse of removal

thats obvious tbf. i was just asking if it was worth trying a motor change, hence why i asked if lever moving back suggested that the valve was ok.

It's certainly worth trying. If that doesn't work, you can replace the entire head for very little money, and you might well be able to do that yourself too

It's certainly worth trying. If that doesn't work, you can replace the entire head for very little money, and you might well be able to do that yourself too

thank you. the head and valve will need replacing as its the old type not the snap on/off new style unfortunately,it means ill have to do a system drain.

You don't need to drain the system to change the 3 port valve. Buy a radiator valve change bung kit and you can block the feed and vent pipes in the header tank, crack one of the nuts on the side of the valve until the water stops running and then take the valve out and swap it over. If you fit like for like the threads will be the same size so if you get an emergency the new valve can be shoved back in place pretty quick!

thank you ollski. fingers crossed ill get away with a new motor (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back