ACS Qualified with CCN HTR1 CKR1 CEN1

Sponsored Links
One of the graduate trainees DIA shoved in my direction about three years ago now has six employees and a turnover of about £500k last year!

Now he sometimes sends trainees to me for boiler repair experience.

He is still finding going hard with the recession though.

Tony

Hi AGILE I have inquired about applying a job in BG.Looks like it is all
compouter based applying procedure , once i fill out the application form
they will probably get in touch with me for the second stage, providing if i am succesfull if not then back to square one. I guess this is the only way to find out whether i stand a chance.
But in the mean time i will probably go on these short courses to see if these are any help, BAXI run three days course cost in the region of £140 which includes basic electric, fault finding and diagonostics.
amy other suggestion will be highly appriciated. THANKS

I joined BG as a trainee when I was 24. I wasn't the oldest in the group either. As Agile says, if you stick in and listen to the training officers the engineering academy is a fantastic place. Just dont get turned to the dark side when you go out on the patch. By that I mean unneccesary sales and bumping tough jobs onto fellow engineers. Unfortunately this goes on, but the vast majority of guys are very good engineers. Go for it. :eek:

Sponsored Links
I joined BG as a trainee when I was 24. I wasn't the oldest in the group either. As Agile says, if you stick in and listen to the training officers the engineering academy is a fantastic place. Just dont get turned to the dark side when you go out on the patch. By that I mean unneccesary sales and bumping tough jobs onto fellow engineers. Unfortunately this goes on, but the vast majority of guys are very good engineers. Go for it. :eek:
Hi boabcelt thanks for the reply
I wonder how long you were trainee before you became fully qualified engineer for BG and what was their selection criteria,what sort of knowledge questions you were asked during the selection process.

THANKS

i served my apprenticeship many moons ago with the old scottish gas board and the training that we had was superb - went back to do contract work for them years ago and all they were interested in was how "much" business you had generated i.e. selling replacement boilers,powerflushes,alarm systems and carbon monoxide detectors
They didn,t seem to be interested in repairing boilers just in replacing them - good luck to you in your search for a bit of work experience as i certainly wouldn,t like to be coming into the industry at present

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back