Adaptor on 13A plug overheated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Malta
Dear sir I just bought an inflatable spa tub and it has a two pin plug and in Malta we use 3 pin plugs so I bought a 3 pin adapter with a 13 amp fuse and inserted the spa tub 2 pin plug and switched it on,everything was ok until I smelled smoke out of the wall mounted plug,the adapter melted and the spa plug melted a bit but the pi's are still solid in the plastic moulding. should I cut the 2 pin spa plug and attach a 3 pin plug instead to avoid the adapter,the spa wire is a heavy duty one.

Sponsored Links
I believe in Malta you use this kind of plug and socket, is that right?

type_G.jpg

This is an excellent plug, suitable for carrying high loads. However Travel adaptors are of dubious quality and usually suitable for small appliances on holiday.

look for the power rating on the appliance. Some photos of the damaged plug, and the makers rating, would be useful.

In UK you would be required to use an RCD protected socket to limit the risk of electric shock.

Dear sir I just bought an inflatable spa tub and it has a two pin plug and in Malta we use 3 pin plugs so I bought a 3 pin adapter with a 13 amp fuse and inserted the spa tub 2 pin plug and switched it on,everything was ok until I smelled smoke out of the wall mounted plug,the adapter melted and the spa plug melted a bit but the pi's are still solid in the plastic moulding. should I cut the 2 pin spa plug and attach a 3 pin plug instead to avoid the adapter,the spa wire is a heavy duty one.

What is the voltage and amperage of this inflatable hot tub?

Where did you buy it from? It could also be a fake hot tub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back