Add water to boiler Valliant 182e

SYW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Valliant 182e boiler which I need to top up with water as pressure is too low. I cannot find the 2 valves on the filling loop though. Maybe there's another way to do this, but I am afraid to break something. These photos show the pipes bottom to top. Please help!
IMG_20201010_204849.jpg
IMG_20201010_204838.jpg
IMG_20201010_204838.jpg IMG_20201010_204849.jpg

Sponsored Links
Only one valve to open ,on the right hand side of your pic is the braided ,flexible ,hose with a black lever
( Partially obscured) that's what you turn.

Sorry terryplumb, nothing happens...

Sponsored Links
As said above the other tap may be closed ,so open that anticlockwise.

I tried ever combination, clockwise or anticlockwise, lever horizontal and vertical. No chance

The black lever may be cracked( common problem) and not turning the spindle below it . Remove the lever and examine ,spindle can be turned with a spanner.

It's stiff as hell. There's a screw in the middle. Does it need to be loosened? I am kind of scared of flooding the flat :unsure:
IMG_20201013_084729.jpg

No don't touch the screw ,turning the handle anti clockwise opens it.

Well, I had a plumber take a look at it. He says the electrical board doesn't call the water in. Makes no sense to me

He tried. I just don't understand how electronics could stop water flowing. Maybe he was out of his depth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back