Adding a Master Blaster Klaxon to a Pyronix Enforcer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm ew to the forum, so please bear with me.
I did a self install on a wireless Pyronix Enforcer system and to be honest its working great. However I want to drive a Klaxon from one of the wired outputs from the board below, which came installed in the main Enforcer panel.
The Master Blaster Klaxon has a 12VDC interface relay (which draws around 35milliamps) which when activated then pulls in the 240VAC supply to power the Klaxon.

upload_2018-4-25_21-2-25.jpeg

upload_2018-4-25_21-17-32.png
upload_2018-4-25_21-17-32.jpeg

So my questions are...
1) Can I drive the the Kalxon interface relay from the BELL output on this unit?
2) If I can do (1) above how is it wired? I am thinking I take a pair of wires and connect these to the +12VDC terminal and the BELL terminal in the Enforcer panel and connect to the relay. Is this correct?
3) Do I need EOL or Tamper resistors with this set up? If so what values and where do I connect them. The Klaxon does not have any Tamper connections so if I need to connect resistors I would do it in the Enforcer panel
4) I am assuming from the I/O board specifications above the bell circuit will drive unto 250 milliamps.

Sorry its a bit long winded, and thanks in advance for all answers.

regards
Mark

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-25_21-2-25.png
    upload_2018-4-25_21-2-25.png
    359.8 KB · Views: 652
Sponsored Links
1) Can I drive the the Kalxon interface relay from the BELL output on this unit?
2) If I can do (1) above how is it wired? I am thinking I take a pair of wires and connect these to the +12VDC terminal and the BELL terminal in the Enforcer panel and connect to the relay. Is this correct?
3) Do I need EOL or Tamper resistors with this set up? If so what values and where do I connect them. The Klaxon does not have any Tamper connections so if I need to connect resistors I would do it in the Enforcer panel
4) I am assuming from the I/O board specifications above the bell circuit will drive unto 250 milliamps.

Hi,

1 - Yes, that won't be a problem
2 - That's correct. +12VDC to the positive trigger wire on the master blaster, BELL to the negative trigger wire on the master blaster
3 - Not really needed, but if you wanted to monitor the trigger cable, you could utilise a spare pair (say, blue and yellow) in the cable connected with a 2K2 resistor across those wires at the master blaster end. Wire the other end across COMM and Z33 in the panel and program it as tamper.
4 - That's the maximum the BELL output will supply, so plenty of power for the master blaster trigger

Be careful when testing your master blaster ?
Hope you get on with your neighbours as a master blaster is very loud.
Set bell timer to no more than 10 minutes or you could have problems for your local environmental health department.

Sponsored Links
Just like to say thanks for all the help.

A final (I hope) question... how do I programme the wired BELL? Do I just enable them under the "Endstation" any further help here would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mark

Bump!
I’m thinking of doing the same and having the MasterBlaster wired into the garage.
Has anyone successfully done this with the Enforcer V10 panel?

Keep meaning to have a mess with a wireless bell just replacing the sounder with a relay, Basically turning it into a remote relay module. It would be nice if they offered something like this would be useful for triggering things like garage doors, gates, lights or master blasters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back