Best way to Wire Panic Button to Texecom 48 and Ext Klaxon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 panic buttons in series back to the Panel, I do have a spare zone on the expander but have them earmarked for later additions to out buildings. I also have used OP1 for internal sounder (sounding 1 minute in advance of outside bell) and have OP2 earmarked (please see further Q2 below) for a external Klaxon Siren www.klaxonsignals.com/industrial&WAS/productDetails.asp?productID=52&categoryID=49

Q1. Is it bad practice to series wire the panic into the (any?) tamper circuit?

Q2. The Klaxon is 12V relayed, would it be OK to wire this from the Bell +,- outputs from the panel (rather than using OP2)?

Looking forward hopefully to the high quality answers and help recieved so far - thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Fine to series panic buttons as they are latching devices and you need a key to reset ( you know which one has been pressed )
Ok to wire the master blaster via the bell but ! A vandalised bell box may take out the bell fuse then master blaster won't work , so ouput may be better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back