Panic Button EOL Wiring for Texecom Premier

tpj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I installed a Texecom Premier earlier this year. I am extending the system as I redecorate each room adding Panic Buttons throughout the house.

Ive utilised the 3 year old wiring from the previous Texecom R8 (?) system that my builders installed, The property is a very old hospital conversion and it is difficult to run cables back to the main control panel due to the very limited and difficult loft access above the room where the control panel was installed - which consists of going into the loft climbing up into another attic level, down again and over a masonry wall into the loft, which I would really rather not do!!

So I was thinking I could connect a cable to the 2 spare cores from the 6 core PIR wires in each room across the loft and down behind the drywall.

As I only have 2 cores I was thinking I could use EOL wiring with resistors? Would this work and which resistors should I use?

Many Thanks!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back