Adding a window in a shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so heres another, anyone got any suggestions on how to add a window to a shed, not a bought shed but one I built from tounge and groove.

Do I just cut out a rectangle, brace around it with wood for a frame, fit a peice of perspex in that and brace all round it with little peices of wood sealed in with frame sealant....

OR am I on the wrong track.

Sponsored Links
I did exactly that about 9 years ago except with toughened glass, still ok. Shame about the roof! :oops:

fix the roof first, then yes that sounds about right.

Join your local Freecycle/realcycle group and see if anyone is offering
and old double glazed window :D

Sponsored Links
Hi,
what type and brand of sealant would you recommend (did you use) for this job?

I have a perspex window in my truck (converted motorhome) - I replaced the cracked perspex last year, re-varnished the wood and re-sealed the whole thing, but the sealant has lifted away from the perspex and the wood. I prepared the surfaces properly, and I suspect the lifting was down to my choice of a cheap sealant, and possibly I chose the wrong type - can't remember what type exacltly, but it said it would stick to wood and plastic and was suitable for external use, it may have been a window sealant. Could you recommend a brand and type (or a specific sealant) I can buy online or Wickes/B&Q that will do the job properly? I don't mind spending the money if the result is guarenteed.

I would also like to use the same sealant on the back door which has a metal frame and wood insert - would that be ok?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back