Adding new bedside lights to existing layout.

The only thing that still makes me unsure with that picture is that both the 2way switch wiring is unclear as to which points are l1 l2 and common.
Does this help?
upload_2019-12-30_0-52-8.png

I've included what I predict is the existing wiring [in red and black only to make a distinction]

Sponsored Links
Does this help?
View attachment 179710
I've included what I predict is the existing wiring [in red and black only to make a distinction]
That is very helpful, thank you so much for your effort. Ive only done basic 2way in the past like run a 2way landing light, so when there are more wires as in this case i get lost.

That is very helpful, thank you so much for your effort. Ive only done basic 2way in the past like run a 2way landing light, so when there are more wires as in this case i get lost.
Have you given any thought to my suggestions for additional switches?

A variation please on Chippee's original request. Rather than have a switched ceiling light is it possible to control the two, 2-way bedside lights from a single switch by the door? If I use intermediate switches I could make both bedside lights 3-way, with the third switch by the door being 2 gang. Is there a way to make the switch by the door a single gang, that switches both circuits? So, if you enter the room then both bedside lights are switched on and if you leave they are both switched off. Each light can still be switched from either side of the bed.
In advance, many thanks

Sponsored Links
Well, you could - but if off at the door it would not be possible to turn on from the bed.

That is - the bed switches would only work when door switch was on and the door switch would only turn on the light if the bed switches were on - i.e. you didn't get up when it was already daylight.

Plus considerable wiring adjustments. I don't think it would be very convenient

Many thanks EFLImpudence, I'll heed your advice. An opportunity for me to look into smart switches

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back