Adding to a concrete garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently moved into a house which has a concrete garage (sections bolted together). The garage is a bit small so I'm wanting to extend it backwards. I've read around and it looks like you need to know the manufacturer if your going to buy extra panels, but I cant find any IDs on the garage anywhere, so I'm guessing thats a non-starter. This leaves me wondering what my options are. The only things I can think of are;

1 - Buy a new one - seems a lot of cash though for what is really just an extension
2 - Use the 4 panels which make the back wall to extend the side walls (2 panels per side wall) and then use brick or breeze block to build up a new back wall.

Is the second idea even feasible?

Anyone got any other ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link!

I'm thinking the second option is the better one to go for (unless I manage to get more panels), so a couple of questions that I've got after asking around....

1 - The garage floor is above ground level, and will need building up. Can I just build the wall on the hardstanding, or do I need to start the wall slightly below the level of the hardstanding, so that the surrounding concrete supports it?
2 - Can you buy the steel lintels that support the top of the walls / would a timber one do the job just as well?

Cheers guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back