Adding Towerstat RF Thermostat to Boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Main Combi 30 HE Boiler, with the inbuilt timer module and want to add a Towerstat RF thermostat to it. Currently I have a wired Honeywell Thermostat on it.

I see that the Towerstat wireless module sits in where the analogue timer is now, but what do I have to do to complete the circuit left by removing the Honeywell Thermostat.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Hi its the towerstat rf bm model. Thanks
OK.

The existing timer module has four wires connected to it going to terminals labelled 1 to 4.

The RF/BM module also has four terminals, labelled 1 to 4.

You just swap the wires over, 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc.

1 = Brown
2 = Blue
3 = Black
4 = Black

Sponsored Links
ok thanks, but what about the existing Honeywell analogue thermostat that is wired to the boiler. Do I just remove that or add any other wiring to complete the circuit? thanks

ok thanks, but what about the existing Honeywell analogue thermostat that is wired to the boiler. Do I just remove that or add any other wiring to complete the circuit?
Missed out that bit :oops:

The Honeywell thermostat connects to a pair of boiler terminals labelled 1 and 2. It's in a block with a fuse at the other end.

Disconnect the Honeywell thermostat wiring from terminals 1 and 2; then check if the boiler works. If it doesn't, link terminals 1 and 2 together and try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back