ADE Accenta Mini 8 Mains Fail - Puzzled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dropped the mains supply to the garage at my parents' house and have found that my dad had wired the house alarm to the garage fuse via an FCU (He was a fully qualified spark). So I am OK with that.

However, once the fuse was pulled the house alarm sounds both the internal and external sounders. I am not sure when the battery in the panel was last changed (and it may be past its best) so it could be the cause, but what confused me is why the internal sounder was sounding. There must be enough voltage on the panel battery to cause an internal alarm but not to hold off the external sounder.

The external sounder is a CQR Integra which has a changeover relay to switch to its battery on power fail and I would not expect to dropout until the supply voltage is below 1~2V. This seems contrary to having enough capacity / voltage in the panel battery to sound the internal sounder.

What have I missed? I did not have time to check panel fuses / voltages but on the face of it the panel seems OK.

Sponsored Links
some internal sounders have batteries not sure what you have internally.

back up battery does sound like a strong possibility.

Thanks for the reply

The internal sounder is just an extension speaker - so a bit of a misnomer!

I automatically thought battery but puzzled by the internals going off (>7~8V on the battery, perhaps?) but the external sounder dropping onto its battery. Unless the external sounder is being operated by the panel battery. I have a CQR SAB module in the garage so may have a play with it to see when the relay drops

One to check with a meter when I get a moment! That said it needs a replacement RKP or panel, so could change everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back