ADE Alarm panal adding 2 bellboxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have installed a ADE accenta mini g3 alarm, works great but i want to add an extra bellbox to the back of the house. The font bellbox is a ADE response 8, the back one is unknow make/model, white with blue border for 360 degree strobing. on the circuit board it has +12 volts, 0v,tam 0v, neg trig, str neg, strobes ok just not sure how to connect others up, i have two wires going to alarm panel one back one front. Please Help, Thanks Brian.

Sponsored Links
you mean 2 cables not 2 wires.

not all panels will support 2 external sirens, mos will.

how ever to wire them properly you have to have the tamper return of one feedong the -ve supply of the other. this way if either is tampered you will know about it.

the problem is that not all ext sirens can power another siren. the way round it is to use a relay.

are you familiar with relays?

if not and you are not worried about the 2nd tamper do this

+ve, -ve & bell trigger in the panel, see what colours you used last time and use same on new box.

then wire them in paralell

strobes are a pain in the butt, so i have left that bit out

sorry yes two 6 core cables, not to familier with relays only ones i seen are on cars, i am good at soldering so i could solder the relay somewhere inside if you could give me instructions and which relay to buy?

this one

but you do want the 12v one

the tamper return from your 2nd siren feeds the relay, the other side is a +ve

you then use c & No (to break the tamper return in the panel)

you use No & C because the relay will be energised 24 / 7

the pos, neg and trigger are wired as i said, in paralel with existing

Sponsored Links
Some may need an additional power pack.

ADE Sonades (for example) are 700+mA each. With a 1A supply on an ADE panel, plus all the existing circuitry, running 2 bells without a PP is not feasible.

i have to disagree :cry:

i just googled and it seems to be 450mA, but to comply with regulations it probaly draws most of this from its own battery.(which is also why some sounders are quiet, the battery is nearly flat)

Reason is that as the sounders themselves have to stop in less than 21 mins, they have to be truly self contained. which is also why most sounders have a trigger terminal as opposed to a ringer terminal.
When a voltage is applied to the trigger terminal the sounder starts and it draws little current from the panel.

Years ago when alarms had just bells they did draw current from the panel in alarm, but not so much now.

Having said that, most strobes draw current from the panel, so that probably explains the difference in our current ratings, but i also did say earlier on, not to worry about the strobe as they are a pain in the butt

Why not just get yourself 2 identical bell boxes, that way it doesnt look like a bodge job, and it makes life a lot easier when wiring.

As for the strobe, if you do run into problems when wiring too odd boxes together, just loop the strobe off the neg bell trigger in the box, at least it'll go off with the bell.

thanks for the help I have connected +12 and 0v up to spare connectors in alarm panel box and connected the strobe negative to the back bellbox disconnected sounder, so the two leds work flashing away and strobe works when front strobe works, Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back