ADEMCO MICROTECH GALAXY 8 PLUS CP171

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Ive been living in a property since 2010 which has the above alarm system installed.

All the houses on the estate (buit 2000) where fitted with this system and an ADT siren/monitoring service from new.

At some point before we purchased the property the monitoring service was cancelled and a different bell box fitted.

Even though over the last few years the display on the key pad has dissapeared we where still able to arm / disarm the system, and have had no false triggers.

After a recent 5 min powercut however the system will no longer arm. we have had a series of powercuts over a few years and the alarm has always worked afterwards,
however after this latest powercut the keypad is still illuminated in green and the buttons make a weak beep when depressed but no arming of the system is possible.

I've checked the 12v battery in the main control box and it has very low voltage.

I appreciate that this is a very old system but we may be selling soon and I'm trying to keep costs down.

My Question is:
If I purchase a new 12v back up battery will this resolve the issue ?
Is there a later system that is compatible with the existing PIRs etc?

Many Thanks in advance
Col

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
To answer your question re a replacement panel. A galaxy G2 or Flex panel can be used with your wiring / sensors. As above though, check the fuses.

Did you remove fuse to check ?
Hi
Only found 3 fuses on the board as shown on the bottom rhs.
I didnt remove them but tested across the each fuse for continuity.

I tested for battery voltage by removing the spade wiring connectors and testing across the terminals.

Thanks
Colin

Attachments

• IMG_20240202_175714_181.jpg
    IMG_20240202_175714_181.jpg
    926 KB · Views: 50
Hi

Are you both advising I pull the fuses out and check for continuity?

Are the Galaxy G2 and Flex panels still available to buy?

Are they a lot more recent than what I have??

Thanks
Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back