ADEMCO MICROTECH GALAXY 8 PLUS CP171

Sponsored Links
Hi

Are you both advising I pull the fuses out and check for continuity?

Are the Galaxy G2 and Flex panels still available to buy?

Are they a lot more recent than what I have??

Thanks
Colin

Yes, the Galaxy G2 and Flex series are still available. Honeywell manufacture in China, Poland and Romania. Actually, the quality from China is great. Poland and Romania were a bit rough at the start, but just getting used to bringing up manufacturing. The first generation Flex product had teething problems, but anything 2022 onwards is fine.

Last edited:
Top one is for battery YOU MUST REMOVE it to test it …as you could be reading through the pcb …
Hi Guys

Well I pulled the top fuse and guess what its blown.......pulled the other 2 on the panel and they're ok.
When I put the good 2 back Alarm started beeping....legged it downstairs keypad now has writing on it and it appears to be in the process of arming.
Put the code in and stopped the arming process but when i went to test arm it again got a message on the display stating "Call alarm Co. Quote Code 80474" is that because I havent yet replaced the blown fuse??

Also are the fuses pictured from Amazon a direct replacement for T1AL 250v fuses as I need them in a hurry.

Thanks
Col

Attachments

• IMG_20240215_165323_387.jpg
    IMG_20240215_165323_387.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20240215_171259_968.jpg
    IMG_20240215_171259_968.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 31
That's because the panel is configured for remote reset. On the 16+ panel, when in engineering programming mode, select 06 - Parameters, 10 - Remote Reset and set to 0 - Off. This will disable remote reset and you can then reset faults with the engineer code. You'll still need to replace the fuse before the engineer code can reset the fault though.

Sponsored Links
That's because the panel is configured for remote reset. On the 16+ panel, when in engineering programming mode, select 06 - Parameters, 10 - Remote Reset and set to 0 - Off. This will disable remote reset and you can then reset faults with the engineer code. You'll still need to replace the fuse before the engineer code can reset the fault though.
Thanks Galaxy Guy....you know what my next question iss gonna be..........how do i get the engineer code?

Hi all and thanks for your help
I've replaced the blown fuse and installed a replacement back up battery alarm started to activate so legged it downstairs and managed to disarm using my code.

Still getting "contact alarm code and quote code 80474"

I'm not confident enpugh to try and reset the system myself and dont have any engineer/management are any of the installer/engineers on here based anywhere near Coventry/Solihull?

Thanks
Colin

Hi

Thank you all for your advice.

Weve decided to replace the ageing GALAXY 16+ and ditch the idea of trying to keep the existing keypad.

Weve been given 3 quotes by accredited local installers and I was hoping to get some of your experiences with the products they are reccomending.

I think the 3 quotes are all based on using our existing wiring and contacts/PIRs/Bell box, but may change everything if required.

Essentially we need a 4 zone wired system with key pad ,control panel and siren. There is no monitoring or fancy Apps required.

Would be grateful for some feedback on reliability and ease of use for the 3 products suggested by the installers and they are as follows:

Scantronix
Visionic
Pyronix Euro 46

Many Thanks in advance
Col

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back