ADG7540

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher is showing error 4 flashing lights.

This I understand from previous posts is a drainage problem.

I cleaned filters and inspected pressure switch all ok. I emptied hot water into the m/c and ran same. The water drained away ok.

I then selected a program and ran m/c. After approx 5 mins error re appeared!

I think the m/c may not be filling up with water. Therefore the m/c does not have water to pump out which is bringing on the error!

I have disconnected water supply to verify same and there is plenty of supply there!

Any ideas????

Sponsored Links
The machine won't fill unless the drain phase is completed first & you will get an F4 error after around 4mins if this doesn't happen.
If you cleaned the filters then either the drain hose or sink spigot is blocked, the pressure switch isn't switching, the pump is jammed or defective, or in the worst event your pcb is defective. Pressure switches issues are common on this model. Inspecting it isn't enough, you need to confirm if it is actually switching.

Thanks Zipper for reply.

I am happy that pressure switch is operating correctly. I replaced same approx 18 months ago as it was faulty. I also examined same this time and it is switching ok when tested with a meter.

I got the m/c to drain ok so the hose is not blocked, pump works!

I have since got the m/c to complete a full cycle but do not know if this was luck or whether the pcb is acting up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back