adhesive advice help !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

My bathroom I'm tiling is about 3 m square. I've installed a walk in shower tray with tile backer boards on the walls in the shower area, and sealed and tanked all joints with the kit that came with the walk in shower base.
For the wet area i have used uni bond fully flexible waterproof adhesive so far too hold down the shower tray and was thinking of using it for the wall and floor tiles in this wet area but not sure about the reviews for unibond? Is it okay brand.

For the rest of my walls as they will not be soaked in water can I use a cheaper standard adhesive? If so what brands would you recommend.?

Lastly the floor will have underfloor heating, what adhesive brand type is best?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Pesonally I'd leave that brand well alone and go for the correct adhesive from the BAL range......simply the best there is!
I get my stuff from a local Ceramic Tile Distribution outlet, and they'll recommend the product for all of your areas, including the underfloor heating.
John :)

Pesonally I'd leave that brand well alone and go for the correct adhesive from the BAL range......simply the best there is!
I get my stuff from a local Ceramic Tile Distribution outlet, and they'll recommend the product for all of your areas, including the underfloor heating.
John :)

Thanks for the reply, yeah I've heard nothing but good reviews on Bal i just need to get it at a good price , what should you pay for a 20kg bag ? Also is Mapei a good alternative?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back