adice of fitting kitchen carcasses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My second attempt at fitting my own kitchen and want to be a little better prepared this time as my last howdens one has completely fallen apart after 7 years!.
On the measuring side if I have a wall 2700 long and the units I want to fit only make up 2625 what do I use to space it out...and where?. Also I want to fit a tall carousel unit but in the wickes catalogue it shows it with end panels, even when the half price sale comes up next week these are 672.00 for 2!....are they needed?
Just a bit of general advice required really as I want this one fitted perfectly....why I got a chippie in for walnut worktops!

Sponsored Links
On the measuring side if I have a wall 2700 long and the units I want to fit only make up 2625 what do I use to space it out...and where?
I'm not a chippy or even a builder myself but I've planned and fitted a few kitchens.

There's a good chance your walls wont be 100% straight a true and 75mm gap at floor level might not be the same at worktop height.

So for filling in a 75mm gap I'd just make a roughly 35mm blanking plate each end of the run out of spare wood with matching pattern - I used a spare bit of the kick panel for my kitchen.

i would leave and filling in of pannels until the carcasses are all fitted.

but the 1st thing you need to do especially if there is a corner return,is start from here.and then work bacwards from the corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back