Adjustable spanner

Sponsored Links
Dick it looks like one that CCs or CCCs would use!

Buy cheap buy twice.

Oh there's no debate there, they are cheap but I've still to tell how nasty.
I'm on the tools a couple of days next week & I'll let you know. At least it'll give my Bahco ones a rest............ ;)

I bought some for our apprentices also, so time will tell there also!!

I have never understood the plumbers'/heating engineers' preference for adjustable spanners. Nuts must be standard sizes, so why not use the correct sized spanner?

Sponsored Links
I have never understood the plumbers'/heating engineers' preference for adjustable spanners. Nuts must be standard sizes, so why not use the correct sized spanner?
because we dont have gorillas to carry our toolboxes for us. Im constantly having to remove tools to keep the weight down.
In any case a good quality adjustable is perfectly acceptable, used properly. When you work in this trade your needing different sizes constantly and instantly you'd be forever picking up and looking for different spanners.
My first ever proper job was as a toolmaker and when i started my gas apprenticeship i was horrified at the wide use of grips on everything, but after a while you realise how invaluable they are :)

Connecting the average combi, you must be looking at least 20 differing sizes of nuts. The wide jaw adjustable spanner has been a God send to the Plumbing/Heating industry.

This statement proves that you know Four king nowt about the trade.
Plumbing fittings and components have ALWAYS differed in size beween manufacturers.
The only excep[tion were "Prestex" fittings which had a spanner made specially for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back