Advice about pneumatic water collection valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am a picture framer and one of my machines, a pneumatic mount cutter, has a water collection " valve " on the back. I need to empty it as will be seen from attached photo. My other machines valve has a nozzle at the bottom of the clear container/ collector that you can push and it in turn allows the water to be drained.
On this one there is no such nozzle and so I am not sure how to release the water.
I notice that it has what look like finger grips where the clear container joins the main body do you think it is possible with air supply turned off to twist /unscrew this container. I am a little nervous to do this as it seems very tight and I don't want to break it.
Thanks in advance
James
IMG_20200303_131600_DRO.jpg
IMG_20200303_131613_DRO.jpg

Sponsored Links
It could be an oiler rather than a moisture seperator (it depends what loads the compressed air is driving). Either way, with the system depressurised you can unscrew the bowl. Don't over tighten afterwards.

Nozzle

Many thanks for your advice. It looks like it has a good supply of oil in it. I guess I just keep it topped up.

Sponsored Links
Yes, with air line oil. It shouldn't use a huge amount though, you don't want a dirt film on your machine or product.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back