Advice broken brick

Sponsored Links
I would've loved that to happen at the start but was assured that not only was it costly but hard to source with the mortar/cement being part mixed ash or something
Could be Black Ash mortar they were talking about.

Sponsored Links
'...it'll probably blend in as well as the repair job done above the window....'

I know :( when the window guys did it I was assured the dye would last for 'a long while'. Well I suppose if you are waiting for a bus, then nearly 3 years is quite a while, on the other hand if you are granite..not so much. Hoping to tap the brick doctor guys while they are here to see what they can do, so if they can, I guess every cloud, etc, etc

I grouted the tiles in my bathroom with black grout it dried a light grey and totally ruined the effect however I purchased black grout dye it's liquid based I brushed it on with a tooth brush it's crucial you clean the excess off as you go otherwise it will stain. This seals the grout and dried a perfect black which has remained that colour.

There's loads of colours never tried it on mortar but if it works on grout can't see why not but it may be a cheap option to get the brickwork above the window blended in more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back