Advice Career Change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening,

I am a lurker in this forum, I am after a career change due to a busted knee, I fancy becoming a building control surveyor ideally for the local authority.

Currently I am a plumbing and heating engineer for my local university, I have run my own business and have 15 years experience with my trade, i have joined the CIOB as an associate before the changes and have been enrolled and am undertaking my CMP (Chartered Membership Program) with a view to being chartered (MCIOB) within the next 12 months.

This should allow me direct entry to CABE and AssocRICS, the next step will be using the MCIOB for 240 credits to undertake a BSc Building Surveying part time over 12-18 months.

Does anyone have any advice on CPD and other courses I can undertake as i would like to make this change and make me a more ideal candidate. I also could do with advice its a big change and i'd like to be as ready as i can.

Thank You in Advance

Sponsored Links
Woody, Yes you are correct but MCIOB is easier for me to obtain due to my construction experience and last time i checked MCIOB allowed direct entry to Chartered Membership with CABE

Thanks for the reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back