Advice for a very cold bathroom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a bit of advice on how to warm my bathroom up a little or as to why it is so cold. It's an internal bathroom in a new build flat (5 yrs old now) it has alway been cold but I've previously been to lazy to sort it.

So like I said its am internal bathroom with the 4 walls backing onto communal hallway, fire corridor vent, bedroom walldrobe and flats hallway.
All ways and floor are really cold to touch so I'm not sure if its loosing heat through a surface or through the fan

I've have previously replaced the ceiling extractor fan to one with back draught flaps but that didn't help. The extractor fan Is located pretty much above the sink and about 1ft-2ft from being above the radiator.

Am I best to relocate the fan above the bath/shower?
Am I best to use a humidify sensor fan?
Can I fit any other back draught devices?
Can I fit any membrane under the floor?

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks
Spud

Sponsored Links
You've not mentioned the radiator.
Is the output from it restricted, is the lockshield valve closed too much.
Is it a single radiator that can be replaced with a double. or even a larger single.
What about insulation, any chance of insulating the ceiling

You need a special rated fan to go above the shower, it has atube that connects to the ceiling and then the fan and then more tube taking it out. That would be a good idea anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back