my bathroom extractor fan lets the cold air in!

I will order one and have a look, doesn't cost that much so nothing to loose. I don't fancy going in loft as access isn't good so hopefully I can do it through the bathroom if I can get the cover off. Thanks so much for the advice.
Claire.

Sponsored Links
Agree with rjm2k, those types are available fo most configurations i.e. round, square, big, small.
Plus you may want to consider this range (ICON brand, there may be others) of fans as they have a self closing Iris which only opens up when the fan is running, shown half open here.
$(KGrHqJ,!mIE9I6wh-NCBPUJK2HiEw~~60_1.JPG

I have this round extractor in my shower room & it works great. It does not let any draught in. However, building regs apparently state that it has to be wired into the said room's lighting circuit, which means the lights have to be switched on at the same time. Is this mad or not ? You have to switch the lights on even if you dont need them. This is a deliberate waste of energy.
European regs ?

how much do you think it costs to run a typical bathroom extractor for an hour, and how much do you think it costs to run an energy-saving lamp?

Building regulations are UK regulations.

Europe is not relevant to your complaint.

Our recently fitted 12 volt fan runs 24/7 in trickle mode. It has a pull switch and a humidistat, both of which put the fan into boost mode.

The room light does not have to be switched on for it to work.

Sponsored Links
Charnwood, shouldn't you buy a solar panel and battery so that its run from the sun?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back