Advice for dimly lit lounge

Sponsored Links
This was my way around the problem IMGP0623c.jpg 8 x 6 watt around 4500 lumen. IMGP0623.jpg it is a big room and it is a heavy lump, so held up with one of these Ceiling rose.jpg so all pre-wired on the ground. However it is not central to room so also use cabinet lights and up lighters.

Sponsored Links
It is a big room, why only one light in the room no idea, one would have expected at least two lights in a room that size, I know you could get larger than 100 watt, but rare, and with a 100 watt bulb in that room it reminded me of the tocH candle.

Is the 16.3W brighter than any bulb you have ever had before?

It's brighter but not significantly. Also One problem with these wilco bulbs is that are fine to the naked eye but they flicker when I am a video call on the computer. Only way to get round it was to reduce the fps on the camera.

It's brighter but not significantly. Also One problem with these wilco bulbs is that are fine to the naked eye but they flicker when I am a video call on the computer. Only way to get round it was to reduce the fps on the camera.
Hi,
Often, in the webcam settings, you can find a 'powerline frequency' option and this usually defaults to 60Hz.
If you can find the setting, try adjusting it to 50Hz and see if that helps.

Hi,
Often, in the webcam settings, you can find a 'powerline frequency' option and this usually defaults to 60Hz.
If you can find the setting, try adjusting it to 50Hz and see if that helps.

Correct. That's the one I changed ... not fps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back