advice & guidence fitting Yale Premium Alarm (hand holdi

Status
Not open for further replies.
fastalarms said:
You would make yourself look silly complaining about a little beep.

Not true.

I could not get the environmental people to do anything about three dogs barking all day and night in a neighbours garden once driving myself and my wife to our wits ends.
You seriously would not have a hope of complaining about a beep a few times a day. I have not had a single case of anyone asking if the beep can be turned off due to neighbours complaining.

The rules...

What constitutes a Statutory Nuisance?
This cannot be easily defined, but could be described as an unreasonable interference with the enjoyment of your property. It must occur regularly and continue for a period of time that makes it unreasonable.

The following are unlikely to be a statutory nuisance:

A one-off party
Neighbours arguing
A lawnmower used during the day
A baby crying or dogs barking occasionally.

The council has no control over the following:

· Road traffic/revving engines on the public highway

· People shouting/laughing or screaming on a public road or footpath

· Air traffic noise

No maximum noise limit applies to noise complaints. Each case must be judged on its merits. We will take into consideration factors such as:

· the time of the noise (noise can be a nuisance at any time of day or night)

· the duration of the noise

· the frequency of the noise

· the type of noise

· whether there is societal acceptance (eg bonfire night or church bells)

The environmental health officer, not the complainant, makes the decision on whether noise is a nuisance. Case law requires us to act as the ‘standard person’ when reaching the decision. Therefore, we cannot take into account those who have a different or higher expectation of peace. These include shift workers or people who are studying/ill.

Sponsored Links
all that time to type it and you never actually read it - classic.

you actually do "know nothing".

O/P do what you want - if you lived near me you`d be getting a cease notice.

Again, you don't take on board the problems, or i might add, what i said.
You are trying to promote a feature that is actually a negative not a benefit.
And why the analogy with car alarms? they are not related.

O/P do what you want - if you lived near me you`d be getting a cease notice.

You would be very sadly dissapointed to find you local council would never support your complaint.
Do you honestly think a company the size of YALE would release a product onto the market that would instantly break the law?

Stop spreading absolute rubbish there would be no chance of you getting a cease notice from you local council regarding a confirmation beep of an alarm. If your aim is to just try and pick any little thing you can to try and discredit me then man up and admit it and stop trying to look as if you know something yourself when you clearly don't.

If you lived in worthing for example you would be shown the door.

http://www.worthing.gov.uk/worthings-services/environmentandstreetscene/noisecontrol/

Sponsored Links
You are trying to promote a feature that is actually a negative not a benefit.

I am not trying to promote anything. The poster asked how to make a feature work and I desribed how to do it. It is entirely his choice wether to use that feature or not.

I can understand where the benefits outweigh the negatives in certain circumstances. I am not getting into another closed thread with you simply because you join yet again to discredit.

Its a YALE thread so your input isn't actually required.
I can't believe you aren't banned for your constant negative posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back