1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice needed - faulty heating programmer or something else?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by grumpypj, 1 Jan 2021.

1. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It uses two separate 2-port valves, rather than a single 3-port.

It may just need the actuator/ head part of the valve swapping for a new one. It may just be the actuator, or the valve which is stuck or jammed. You can work out which, by removing the actuator and trying to turn the valve it fits on manually. It should be almost possible to turn it's spindle with your fingers.

2. grumpypj

grumpypj

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    apologies, I couldn't get back to this thread yesterday. I have since kept towel rails shut ...lounge heaters have heated up just enough for us to see this icy blast through!

Given the 55k/Day covid cases, I am not going to test the valves for a week-10 days when weather turns up a bit. I will then perform the check @Harry Bloomfield has suggested.

I also think it just might be a faulty programmer. I have since located a Horstmann Centaurplus C27 new programmer that was ordered at the time of boiler replacement but not deployed because the engineer thought out programmer was ok. My current programmer is Danfoss randall, pic attached. Do you guys think, replacing the old with the horstmann one could be a job for me or i have to get a heating engineer for that too?

thanks a lot @terryplumb , @sxturbo and @Harry Bloomfield for your help. this forum is awesome.

Attached Files:

3. Sponsored Links
  4. sxturbo

sxturbo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No problems with replacing the programmer if you want, but that's not the reason for the faults your seeing

• Like Like x 1
  5. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Do you have wires in 1, 3 & 4 on the programmer back plate ?

6. Sponsored Links