Advice needed - faulty heating programmer or something else?

It uses two separate 2-port valves, rather than a single 3-port.

It may just need the actuator/ head part of the valve swapping for a new one. It may just be the actuator, or the valve which is stuck or jammed. You can work out which, by removing the actuator and trying to turn the valve it fits on manually. It should be almost possible to turn it's spindle with your fingers.

Sponsored Links
apologies, I couldn't get back to this thread yesterday. I have since kept towel rails shut ...lounge heaters have heated up just enough for us to see this icy blast through!

Given the 55k/Day covid cases, I am not going to test the valves for a week-10 days when weather turns up a bit. I will then perform the check @Harry Bloomfield has suggested.

I also think it just might be a faulty programmer. I have since located a Horstmann Centaurplus C27 new programmer that was ordered at the time of boiler replacement but not deployed because the engineer thought out programmer was ok. My current programmer is Danfoss randall, pic attached. Do you guys think, replacing the old with the horstmann one could be a job for me or i have to get a heating engineer for that too?

thanks a lot @terryplumb , @sxturbo and @Harry Bloomfield for your help. this forum is awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_9801 (1).jpg
    IMG_9801 (1).jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 54
No problems with replacing the programmer if you want, but that's not the reason for the faults your seeing

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back