Advice needed - Tiles leaking water in to room below.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm fairly new here so please be gentle with me. I am currently in the process of bringing my house up to scratch. I am planning on a rewire and central heating too.

However we have 1 problem, the tiles in the bathroom next to the shower/bath have come away and the water from the shower has started leaking down the wall, soaking the plaster. The water is now coming down the wall into the room below.

So basically I haven't a clue where to start here, and I don't know if a builder can or would take on the job? I assume that we'd need to rip the bath out and the tiles off and strip the affected plaster away in both rooms affected. And then replace the floor and joists if need be.

Now has anyone ever had this problem or seen this problem before? Was it easy to rectify? How much did it cost?
Also at the same time we are wanting a new bathroom suite put in too, aswell as a new shower cubicle to replace the bath. So thats even more added expense I suppose.

Thanks

Craig

Sponsored Links
Also at the same time we are wanting a new bathroom suite put in too, aswell as a new shower cubicle to replace the bath. So thats even more added expense I suppose.
Not if you call in Melinda Messenger.

A new suite is a total bathroom refurb, no short cuts. As long as your builder tanks the walls before tiling you should be fine. Cement tilebacker board is also wise instead of plasterboard/ply.

No need to replace any timbers unless they show signs of rot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back