Advice on an old style fuseboard thats tripped

Sponsored Links
If there is a blown fuse then ensure all applainces are turned off and replace the wire with 5 amp fuse wire and then turn on the main switch. Using 5 amp means the "explosion" in the fuse will be less if there is a fault th.

I think we are way past that point Bernard.
There is no short circuit
There is no blown fuse

There is an earth fault in the dishwasher.

If there is a blown fuse then ensure all applainces are turned off and replace the wire with 5 amp fuse wire and then turn on the main switch. Using 5 amp means the "explosion" in the fuse will be less if there is a fault th.

I think we are way past that point Bernard.
There is no short circuit
There is no blown fuse

There is an earth fault in the dishwasher.

Is this something I can look at myself or best off getting someone in?

Sponsored Links
I'd say weigh up what your dishwasher is worth, find out how much it will cost to get someone in and then buy a new one. ;)

I'd say weigh up what your dishwasher is worth, find out how much it will cost to get someone in and then buy a new one. ;)

Just had a customer with a Bosch dishwasher. Similar problem - RCD tripping.

They quoted £90 just to turn up and look at, not even including any parts or labour to make it work again.

NOTE TO SELF Must revise my call-out charges.

Is there a way I can drain the water out of the dishwasher and cancel the cycle?

Also, is there an issue for my electrics if i try to run the dishwasher again a few times to see if it carries on, if it keeps tripping i mean?

Is there a way I can drain the water out of the dishwasher and cancel the cycle?
Refer to the manual.

Often dishwashers can just be started form the beginning no matter where they got to the previous time - they don't fill with water like washing machines, and the first thing they do is to pump out any water remaining.

Also, is there an issue for my electrics if i try to run the dishwasher again a few times to see if it carries on, if it keeps tripping i mean?
No. But it will probably trip. You might get a clue to the fault if you find out when it trips though - try the appliances forum.

Turn it on and cancel the current cycle. Usually you can do this by holding down the start button - it will be in the instructions.
Then find a simple program like rinse. All programs start off with a drain of the machine first.

Turn off immediately after the drain has finished.

If the problem is with the pump then you are stuck with siphoning the machine.

Tripping the RCD isnt a problem, but may upset some of the appliances plugged if they are working at the time.

well that was the plan, however i would rather it wasnt sitting there with stagnating water in the bottom of it

Edit: to Wellsiana

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back