Advice on fitting 25mm Polycarbonate sheets - Updated

Thankyou all!

Cumbrian roofer - I had no choice in the matter, the old roof is off (Asbestos skip ordered the the purpose) and CABP were shut, even on Saturday, and I'm on holiday for two weeks from next Friday, so I had to get it done.

Today has gone well though, we have all the sheets fitted, and a fair bit of the fascia - also a fair amount of rain, some of it quite heavy, and fingers crossed, no leaks so far - long may it continue.

It locks down nicely the sheets, but when CABP re open I will call them and see what they have to say.

I won't be very impressed if they have supplied up with the wrong bits I must say :confused:

We did lift a bit of the hammering down capping, and it does seem possible, so if it has to be done then we will do so.

I will update with news, mostly for other people who might search on here for a similar issue.

Cheers

Dan

Sponsored Links
Hello all,

CABP rang me back this morning, and I talked through with them what I had done, and the general situation.

I was correct in thinking the white bottom sections were for if you had a conservatory and were using them unsupported.

I was also correct to not use any silicone, and there are not meant to be any rubber seals or gaskets anywhere.

Quite the relief I can tell you!

Early days yet, so I will update this thread as the year goes on, and let you know whether it retains it's watertightness - fingers crossed!

Dan

I suppose I should update this really!

A year on, and no leaks at all, the roof still looks remarkably clean, very pleased with it,

Still have a few little bits to finish off, on the list of things to do, but as for the roof itself, very very happy with it.

If I had the choice again, I would probably go for a pearl finish as opposed to clear as it does get pretty warm in there in the heat of the summer,

Cheers

Dan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back