Advice on fitting a generic room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm after some advice on fitting a central heating room thermostat.
Currrent boiler is glowworm ultra power Sxi with the gloworm climapro RF system.

The thermostat control unit/cuitcuit board now just displays a solid red light indicating a permanent fault so I'm considering swopping to a generic wireless room thermostat.

Is this a simple process? My current unit has only 2 wires coming from the boiler so potentialy (to me anyway) could be a simple job.

My main concern is the ability of any chosen replacement to work in harmony with my boiler which also has a front programmable display...

Pics of current set up added.

Thanks for any advice or help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 131
Sponsored Links
A solid red light isn't necessarily a permanent fault, there could be several reasons for this. Have you reset both devices, reset the room stat back to factory etc?

A solid red light isn't necessarily a permanent fault, there could be several reasons for this. Have you reset both devices, reset the room stat back to factory etc?
Hmm, no I hadn't considered that. Is that a simple process?

Since I replied I have managed to dig out the original thermostat instructions. I found the section regarding resetting etc but when I tried my minus and plus buttons don't work so I can't scroll to code 35. Could this point to the problem being this unit?? I have dismantled the unit and the rubber buttons make good contact and all visually looks fine. I've had a look around and my current unit has been replaced by the RF2 with albeit different handset and receiver the electrical connection plug is exactly the same. I wonder if they are a straight swop RF1-RF2?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have you pulled the batteries? I'd be tempted to shut down the boiler so the receiver powers down and pull the batteries on the programmer and leave it for a minute or 2 and then switch boiler back on and replace the batteries for new ones and see if that changes anything.

Have you pulled the batteries? I'd be tempted to shut down the boiler so the receiver powers down and pull the batteries on the programmer and leave it for a minute or 2 and then switch boiler back on and replace the batteries for new ones and see if that changes anything.
Yes tried that exact thing... no change

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back