Advice on fitting wall hung toilet and frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the first time I've installed a wall hung toilet and frame.

I have purchased a 98cm Geberit Omega frame + Omega20 flush plate and a Duravit ME by Starck compact rimless toilet with soft closing seat.

I plan to build a stud wall around 1m high in the bathroom to accommodate the frame. This stud wall will run along most of the bathroom wall and a "floating" sink unit will also be fixed to it, next to the toilet. The reason for the 1m height was to have a "shelf" at a convenient height that could be used.

I have a few questions, which I hope someone can answer based on their knowledge of this type of install:

1. Duravit also make a "noise reducing gasket", which sells for around £18. This seems a lot for a piece of shaped foam! Does including this foam gasket between the toilet and tiled wall make any difference?

2. The Geberit frame comes with a 90 degree waste bend. Geberit provide a straight through waste for around £19, which is what I need to use. Is there something special about this straight through waste or are there cheaper alternatives?

3. I was planning to tile the top of the shelf, but I'm wondering if instead I should use wood (or something), which could be removed should I ever need to get access to the Geberit frame and cistern. The Omega frame allows the flush to be directed upwards. Is it likely I will ever need to get access to the frame for maintenance of the flushing mechanism, whereby a removable shelf would make this possible? I confess I have a fear of tiling it in so there's absolutely no access without removing tiles.

I would also appreciate any other things I may need to consider.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back