Advice on kitchen rewire needed

Cheers Prentice and Scoby..

Ive actually changed my route on wall 2 as i wasnt happy with the way my cooker feed and ring crossed new pic:

I know what you mean about consistency but as long as its ok im happy with the route... Just spoke to someone with regards to the 20 amp DP switches for the spurs to the appliances and he seems to think the should be FCU's.. i was only going with the switches as i read somwhere that each appliance should only have 1 fuse and as they all have moulded fused plugs 20amp DP switches were ample, Any thoughts?? Cheers again Lads for your help :D

Sponsored Links
I have looked and this is what i came up with, made the mistake of thinking i could come on a "Forum for advice on electrical practice" and actually getting some advice... not once has anybody yet looked at my pictures and said "No you can not do it that way" or "Yes that will be fine" which was the main purpose of the post in the first place so,
PBoD has actually given you some advice.

not to be rude or ignorant i'll ask it once agiain, as concise as i can put it... "Is there anything wrong with my proposed routing of the cables"

I would apreciate if the answers from here on in would tell me why im wrong or right and not be about members "Spending the pink pound" in brighton, as i believe that is the true purpose of a DIY forum

Cheers again Dave
Dave, who will be signing this:

• FOR DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, INSPECTION & TESTING
    I being the person responsible for the design, construction, inspection & testing of the electrical installation (as indicated by my signature below), particulars of which are described above, having exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out the design, construction, inspection & testing hereby CERTIFY that the said work for which I have been responsible is to the best of my knowledge and belief in accordance with BS 7671:2008, amended to ............. (date) except for the departures, if any, detailed as follows:

you or your electrician?

And who will then be notifying your council's Building Control department to say that they have done this work and it complies with the Building Regulations, you or your electrician?

spur off spurs off radials
Do you think that there is something wrong with that?

i now have a blank canvas to install a fresh ring for the kitchen...
OK - as you want to assume the role of circuit designer, what work have you done to analyse the distribution (temporal as well as spatial) of the loads in the kitchen which has led you to decide that a ring final is the best design?

want to get all the wireing inplace myself to save money then get a spark in to connect the tails and check and sign off before i board.
The thing is, it really doesn't work like that, and one of the purposes of a DIY forum ought to be to make sure people don't end up in a mess because they've assumed that something not possible will happen.

galvanised channel
Why?

Hi Ban, cheers for your post..
I will be notifying my council's Building Control department and paying the current fee for this and the inspection, my electrician is the one finalising the connection at the meter before the Building Control department comes out to test and sign it off, if this is not the correct way to do things i would appreciate a heads up now... This whole excersise is not writen in stone and it maybe subject to change if it is not possible in reality.. Im sorry if i have put any nose's out of joint it truley wasnt my intention. As stated i have previously fitted kitchens but i appreciate a little info can be dangerous so i am really going to pay heed to the advice given..
As for the spur's of the radials, i have problems when the radial was initially powering an emersion heater in the front bedroom, then turned into a socket which was then split to to seperate sockets in 2 other rooms, one which was then spured to a socket in the kitchen at the back of the house... i may be wrong but i somehow think that might be a little bit to much for anyone to follow....

the Channel is just a way of making sure my runs are kept nice and straight, but if this isnt right im open to sugestions..

as ive said, im just trying to work out if its a reality for me to do this work.. Cheers again and Thanks for all the advice Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back