Advice on large raised patio and extra wide external patio steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My rear extension is about 11 meters wide and will have a 4.8m bifold door. The rear extension floor is about 140cm above the lawn. Work on the extension is underway and funds are getting a bit tight so need some advice/ideas on how to build a raised patio and 5.8m wide steps from bifold to the patio for cheap. We have planning permission for a raised patio (50 - 60 cm high) and want to avoid timber decking. We checked composite decking but its too expensive for the good stuff. Ideally, we want a concrete patio that we can tile over later and just the steps could be composite decking.

Patio - 11m x 3m and ~50cm high
6 steps from bifold to patio - each step 500cm x ~40cm and about 15cm tall

Some ideas I thought would be to use beam and block for the patio with four 3m steel beams resting on brick pillars with concrete beans going between them. This means I need just 8 brick pillars for the beams to rest on. The steps could be composite decking resting on three stepped walls?

Any other ideas? I am not a regular DIYer so can't think of anything else apart from using tonnes or hardcore and pouring concrete. Hope the diagram gives an idea

upload_2021-10-29_18-30-44.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back