Advice on laying laminate around fitted wardrobe needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've removed the carpet & underlay from our bedroom and want to install laminate (Quick Step unless someone tells me otherwise). We have a floor to ceiling built in wardrobe and as per the diagram below my first row will be laid against the base plinth as this is the longest straight edge in the room. I've had a look to see if the plinth can be removed and it can't. The fitters did an incredible job by the looks of things.

My problem is how to make it look like a professional job without using any moulding as a) it won't match the finish of the wardrobe and b) I think it'll look lousy. I considered removing the long tongue of each board but don't think I'll be able to make it look good enough and will likely end up chipping the laminate in the process.

Any pro flooring experts with some advice would be very much appreciated!

Cheers
Daz
Capture.JPG

Sponsored Links
Depends on how high the doors are off the floor if they are the same height or higher than the skirting board run matching skirting board round the cupboards.

The doors are around 50mm above the floor. I think I'm going to lay the boards tight against the plinth as the tongue on the boards are only about 3mm wide and wouldn't show. I'll leave an expansion gap on the wall opposite the wardrobes.

Sponsored Links
Depends how much depth has been left on the plinth, you could overboard it with another covering floor edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back