Advice on maybe replacing corroded heating pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would appreciate someone one checking over these images and my thought process on how I would go about replacing some copper heating pipes if needed please.

https://imgur.com/a/0WY8aTU

I'm currently, in the middle of stripping our dining room (~200 year old house, brick walls no cavity) and on the window wall the plaster had blown. Whilst removing the loose plaster I have also discovered some corroded copper pipes that feed the radiator under the window. The pipes are not protected in the wall and were plastered / cemented over in quite a shallow chase.

Do they look ok, or should I look to rip them out and replace them?

If I do replace them, I'm thinking of going with speedfit in a single run following the red lines shown in the picture, is it ok to run them this way or is it against regs? Does any one see any issues with this or have any advice on what I should use to insulate/cover the speedfit in before it is skimmed over again?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Images can be added to the thread directly, either by copy/paste, or drag/drop, or click the picture icon above the text box.

Not necessary or desirable to use other dubious image sites.

I'd leave them, copper is one heck of a material and I've yet to see a copper pipe degrade to the point of leaking unless covered in flux, the fittings / solder yes but not the pipe. The blue colour is the pipe reacting damp, but it will only be surface level . If you do decide to change to plastic just try keep to long straight lengths with minimal fittings , but no regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back