Advice on replacing heating system

Sponsored Links
But why does the amount of people living their come into account? My farther in law lives in a 3 storey 6 bedroom house with 5 toilets/4 bathrooms. 3 people live there.

My mum lives in a 2 storey house with 1 bathroom. 3 people live there. Would you spec a similar system?

Again, I'm not criticising just interested please don't take it the wrong way. :)

When you have a stored hot water system you need to size it according to the likely hot water useage of those occupants.

10 people visit the WC the same number of times if there is just one WC or 10 WCs. Water use is based on the number of flushes, showers or baths and not the number of the facilities.

You cannot sensibly go and interview each one and see exactly what they individually are likely to use. In any case the house can be sold, rented or the number of people change. In practices it averages.

So these are standard rules which you use to calculate what the likely useage is going to be. You look at the number of people there now and consider the number of bedrooms and come to a conclusion as to whats best in any particular situation.

Thats how the 50 li plus 50 li per person comes to be used!

Tony Glazier

200Ltrs would still be more than enough. There's only one bath and the recovery should be around 20mins.

Sponsored Links
Using the 50 li rule of thumb that does give 200 li.

However the house is four bedroom and I would advise the owner to add the few pounds extra to get a 250 li cylinder as more people could move in or the house could be sold or rented to a large family.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back