Powermax 155x replacement options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Been using the site as a great reference tool, but this is the first post.

I have a 11 year old Powermax 155x that is in need of replacement, it was fitted new when the house was built in 2001. The boiler is just not keeping up with the demands of 4 people in the house.

The boiler is sited in the airing cupboard of a 4 bedroom detached house, which has 1 bath/shower room & an en-suite shower room, the flue vents via the loft along a horizontal run to the outside wall.

I would ideally like to find a replacement that fits in the same location with minimum disruption (I can but hope :) ). There is a 22mm gas supply to the current system.

I have been recommended to look at Vaillant as a long term prospect (due to reliability & spares availability). I rang a couple of local Heating companies & they have both suggested the ecoTech plus 937 as an ideal replacement.

I cannot help but think that this looks oversized & perhaps uneconomical as a result.

Any help or guidance would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Dazed n Confused

Sponsored Links
Stay away from the 937 it is as reliable as the potty you're removing!

Look at the Glowworm Ultrapower or the Veissmann, both are good solid boilers with good reputations. The GW has a Vaillant heat engine BTW

Stay away from the 937 it is as reliable as the potty you're removing!

Look at the Glowworm Ultrapower or the Veissmann, both are good solid boilers with good reputations. The GW has a Vaillant heat engine BTW

OK thanks, will take a look, I am surprised by that answer, I thought Vaillant had a reasonable reputation. I searched & could not find any real specific issues regarding the 937.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back