Advice on slipped fascia tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, after a spot of advice on some slipped fascia tiles and a missing one.
Are these easy to rectify?

Pic #1

Pic #2

In pic 2, I think I'm missing a tile also. Are they easy to get spares?

Sponsored Links
The first one (pic #1) is relatively easy to fix back. #2 - not so easy. I once made some makeshift cradles out of shaped SS housing ties. The tiles are still hanging there 10 years on.

Push it up with a stick. Or get initmate with a tube of silicone

Lol at "get spares". But yes, tiles are still available :)

Matching up will be easy. You'll need tile and halves not just a tile where missing . Its a winchester cut detail and it will be a T&H cut on the angle

Picture 1 lift the flashing carefully as it looks dodgy anyway., remove two tiles over the slipped one.
Reposition and fix the slipped one, while your at it put a nail or screw through any tile hole visible.
Re assemble and dress lead back flat.

picture 2 pretty common this one, options are strip down from the top Cut new tile , nail it on , put tiles back
or, Cut your new tile to required shape, Its very likely the top of the original will still be up under the tiles above.
try and get it out.. but may be hanging on a nail.
If its too tricky then make a hook from Stainless steel, pump a load of adhesive in there , bed the tile down , bend up hook.

Sponsored Links
If its too tricky then make a hook from Stainless steel, pump a load of adhesive in there , bed the tile down , bend up hook.
That's what I did. housing ties make ideal hooks.
upload_2016-12-16_17-25-31.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back