Advice on Type of Brick to use for Outdoor Concrete Top for Argentinian Style BBQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I need some advice on the type of brick to use for an outdoor concrete top. I got an Argentinian style BBQ which I have placed over a concrete base in the garden. I now want to create a concrete top right to the BBQ basically using the rest of the concrete base I built for that purpose (see red drawing in the picture). I plan to build the 2 side and a back brick wall and then put a concrete table top on top so the wall needs some strength. What's the best brick for this job?

As the BBQ is exposed to the UK weather and I will be storing wood and charcoal below the table and BBQ (I will build some wooden doors for protection) I want bricks with low water porosity. I found the ones linked below on Selco but I am not sure if I should use them as the description says "non-facing brick". Ideally I would want some concrete bricks to stay the BBQ's grey and avoid having to render clay bricks. Any ideas?

https://www.selcobw.com/products/bu...-blocks/bricks/65mm-class-b-engineering-brick

IMG_9383a.jpg

Sponsored Links
What's Argentinian about it? Does it differ much from Brazilian or Peruvian style BBQs?

Sponsored Links
Before you know it, it will be invading the neighbours garden and claiming the land belongs to it.

British engineering bricks will keep it at bay, as will concrete bricks in the colour of your choice which includes red, white and blue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back