Advice please - new external tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post, so please go easy on me. I've read previous threads, but it's a slightly different issue.

I'll take on board minimum depth 750mm below ground, and blue MDPE piping for the 10 metre run.

I'm having a new detached garage built, and want a tap on the outside of it for plants, low pressure car washing etc. I don't currently have an outside tap

Mains water enters my property straight into a basement room which has recently been damp-coursed, therefore the mains water pipe sits behind a dry-lined wall in between the membrane & plasterboard. The stop-cock has a small access hatch about 2inchesx4inches

What I wanted to know is how a plumber would run water to the garage? The (lead) mains pipe is accessible right outside the house... Or is it more likely he'll want to put a joint in inside the property?

On top of this, what would you expect a plumber to charge for parts and labour? I'm Leeds-based

I'm considering running the water pipe in a conduit + armoured cable so it's there if I ever put power out. Anything I need to be aware of? I'll get the important bits signed of by a 17th edition, but wanted to rack your brains first!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back