Advice- Rainwater not going into Guttering? Support Trays??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I had fascias/guttering fitted several years ago and instead of removing the existing wood fascia they just went over it with new UPVC.

This caused the the guttering to protrude to much and the rain/water flowed half down fascia and half in gutter.

I as a quick fix just screwed the back edge of the guttering to the fascia and siliconed in between so the only place the water could go is into the gutter.
This is now failing and I’m back with water getting into the fascia/underside of guttering and it’s going green.

How can i fix this?

I was thinking of just lifting the tile/felt edge and sliding some rigid felt trays under and leaving them protrude so that fall into the gutter.

As it is the water literally hits the edge of the guttering as I’ve looked when it’s being hosed.

Or should I just cut some felt and use that to do the same thing?

It’s only a 4.2m run.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I was just concerned as I’ve watched videos/seen pics and the trays are fully pushed in against the fascia.
Even fitted before the fascia.

I will need for them to protrude a 10-20mm in order to direct the water into the guttering.

Sponsored Links
So 9mm caused the tiles to no longer reach the gutter?

When you remove the tiles to fit the eaves tray, you may want to see if they can be repositioned at least 9mm more over the gutter.

Fitted today. Easy enough job just a bit fiddly when up a ladder that high!
It took about 30 mins to fit them all.

I did speak to a roofer yesterday who stated they are £30 a length and he can fit them for £100. Lol

Thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back