ADVICE SOUGHT PLEASE 5 Bed 5 Bath House - Which TANK ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I wondered if someone could answer the following questions for me - I think my plumber is ripping me off !

5 Bed with 5 Ensuite Showers + Kithchen, utility tap and Cloackroom Tap
We have a small B&B business

1 - What Size Tank would be suitable to feed enough hot water for all of the above if all being used at the same time daily ?

2 - Vented or Unvented Tank ?

3 - How do i obtain enough pressure to serve the 5 showers even if used at the same time ? Can Pumps be used

I also have a question on heating but will post separately.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE !!!

Sponsored Links
1. Large and probably more than one.
2. Vented, see 3.
3. Pumps.

Unvented cylinder will require that your mains water is capable of supplying all 5 showers and whatever else at the same time. This is very unlikely, therefore open vent gravity feed cylinders and pump(s) would be more realistic.
Or go down the route of accumulators and other complicated and overpriced shenanigans.

There is also the issues of pipe sizes and routes to these showers, and whether you want people to be wasting away vast amounts of cold water before the hot gets to the outlets, what temperature your water will be stored at, blending valves at the basin outlets, reheat times for the cylinders and so on.
Whichever way you do it, this will not be cheap.

Is this the same plumber thats ripping you off in the other thread. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
assuming that the mains is up to it then the boiler to go for is a 35kw ACV heat master... 456 liters of hot water in the first 10 minutes....that would look after the whole job..

more up front capital cost, but much less installation work...the total bill would not vary much...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back