New cylinder/ boiler advice 5 bed house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I openly admit that I don't know a way to legally and safely and reliably install a cheap combi next to a quality combi, using any system that allows the use of the same gaspipe, AND is significantly cheaper than upgrading the gaspipe to the size required, or running a separate pipe to the cheapo.

Be so kind as to educate me on this one. A supplier for the required parts would no go amiss either.[/b]

Sponsored Links
Just to take away yet another excuse for you not to answer the question,

Mr bengasman, You stated you already knew the answer, but continued to ask a question on an ultra trivial, pedantic point. Do you know of your problem? Have you been to have it treated?

I openly admit that I don't know a way to legally and safely and reliably install a cheap combi next to a quality combi, using any system that allows the use of the same gaspipe, AND is significantly cheaper than upgrading the gaspipe to the size required, or running a separate pipe to the cheapo.

Be so kind as to educate me on this one. A supplier for the required parts would no go amiss either.[/b]

ben if the troll gives you a valid answer I'll give you the deeds to my house, my car, motorbikes and my life savings. I'll even throw in the mrs if you like choice is yours. . . . . . .

the troll is a quicker typist than me, no doubt because while I've been on the tools he's been penpushing in some grotty office somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Just to take away yet another excuse for you not to answer the question,

Mr bengasman, You stated you already knew the answer, but continued to ask a question on an ultra trivial, pedantic point. Do you know of your problem? Have you been to have it treated?

That, my dear chap, is just more of the same, in other words: a confirmation of my prediction:

ben you just gave him a big clue. :rolleyes:

has georgebumwell got type approval for his breach of british standards I wonder? Or is it yet more drivel. . . . . .

Not at all. :LOL:
Bear in mind he is not actually a rgi, so won't see it coming.
Providing he chooses to blag himself out of it, he can only go 2 ways. Both will clearly show him for what he is.
My guess is that he will come up with something like:"I shouldn't have to tell you how to do this."

I do wonder why you so persistently refuse to post the answer; it only takes one sentence. Why give the OP a suggestion as to how to solve his problem, but keep the specifics of what he needs a secret?
It is so simple, all it takes is:
"dear op, make sure that the cable is not only of a sufficient size, e.g. 10mm, but also meets BSEN xxxx or BSEN xxxxx"

As I mentioned (more than once) before, I have posted the answer in cc. You might even have a chance to prove you know better than I do!
Since my answer is already there, you not answering the question would make the level of your expertise rather questionable.

ben if the troll gives you a valid answer I'll give you the deeds to my house, my car, motorbikes and my life savings. I'll even throw in the mrs if you like choice is yours. . . . . . .

Can you send me the specs and a few pics of the bikes and the mrs? She must be quite ok if she doesn't mind the bikes.

Mr ben, I will try now for the third time with you. Here we go..
  • One gas pipe to supply teh quality high flowtrate combi. The backup combis can be next to or under the quality combi. Then tee off gas pipe for gas supply for backup combi. Got that? easy isn't it?
  • Now have an electric throw-over switch. I realise this threw you - pardon the pun ben. A two-way hall light switch is throw-over switch. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • You must get one that will take the current rating of the highest rated combi. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • Now, the power cable goes into the switch. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • Then two power cables exit the switch, one to each combi. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • The switch will only allow power to one of the combis. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • Press the switch up and power goes to one combi, press he switch down and power goes to the other. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • The each combi has its own isolator switch and integral fuse. Got that that? easy isn't? The two combis can never be on at the same time. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • This means only one gas pipe is needed. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • Now this saves time and cost. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • I have had many satisfied customers who are delighted with this full 100% DHW & CH backup setup. They never have a cold house and always have DHW. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • On the CH flow of the backup combi I put a check valve to prevent circulation through its heat exchanger. Got that that? easy isn't?
There you go.

I don't know who is worse...........Bamber or Dr Drivel! :LOL: :LOL:

Both are running out of usernames! :LOL:

What you claim you've done is illegal. Luckily for the general public, you don't actually work in this industry and everything you proclaim to have done is in your imagination.

Mr ben, I will try now for the third time with you. Here we go..
  • One gas pipe to supply teh quality high flowtrate combi. The backup combis can be next to or under the quality combi. Then tee off gas pipe for gas supply for backup combi. Got that? easy isn't it?
  • Now have an electric throw-over switch. I realise this threw you - pardon the pun ben. A two-way hall light switch is throw-over switch. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • You must get one that will take the current rating of the highest rated combi. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • Now, the power cable goes into the switch. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • Then two power cables exit the switch, one to each combi. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • The switch will only allow power to one of the combis. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • Press the switch up and power goes to one combi, press he switch down and power goes to the other. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • The each combi has its own isolator switch and integral fuse. Got that that? easy isn't? The two combis can never be on at the same time. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • This means only one gas pipe is needed. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • Now this saves time and cost. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • I have had many satisfied customers who are delighted with this full 100% DHW & CH backup setup. They never have a cold house and always have DHW. Got that that? easy isn't?
  • On the CH flow of the backup combi I put a check valve to prevent circulation through its heat exchanger. Got that that? easy isn't?
There you go.

you show a real lack of qualification here as that is illegal and gas safe would have a field day with such shoddy work. You are showing yourself up more and more with every post that you are an idiot.

stick to tarmac and caravans *****.

that is illegal and gas safe would have a field day with such shoddy work. You are showing yourself up more and more with every post that you are an idiot.

Mr Killer, can you tell us all where it is illegal? Now please do NOT make things up again.

How about you give us a link to the switch you think you can use for this application.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back