advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am going 2 be re-newing the kitchen total blitz so as the plasterboards are down it is a stud wall between the bathroom and the kitchen is it safe2 run the cables through 20mm round pvc conduit and is 20mm conduit the right size 4 the cooker cable wich will be 6mm i am not doing the work my electrican will its just so i know a bit when talking 2 him about it thanks rich

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ali-Tube to BS 8436 Guardian, Earthshield, Flexishield, or Afumex was introduced special to go inside stud walls the design means if a nail for example hits the cable the nail can not become live and it is allowed without RCD protection.

for example is Batt Cables version click on image for more info.

Where the supply is already RCD protected then you can still use twin and earth but the Ali-tube is very good where you are adding to an existing circuit without RCD protection. On a ring main it means you can just use RCD 13A sockets rather than use RCD FCU at start of run.

A load of jumbled rubbish which shows that he is either too stupid to tell the difference between a mobile phone and a computer keyboard or too rude to do people the courtesy of writing properly.
Either way he deserves no help.

I'm with BAS on this one, if you're not grown up enough to use the word "to" instead of the number "2" then you're not old enough to be playing with daddies tools..
Put them back and try asking again when you're old enough to use proper English.

There used to be a forum rule "NO TEXT SPEAK"

Not sure where it has gone though :confused:

I think it was actually written like that, but I couldn't bring my self to write in that style.

i can see i have upset you guys didn't know it was the law of the land not too use text speak i do appolagise for my conduct i hope you can forgive me rich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back