Advise on latest external sounders/bell boxes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time to change the old bell box! (Menvier TS690 system)
I am considering the Honeywell 8EP420 Respon8 or Aztech 2000 unit. Are there any known issues with these boxes or is there better on the market?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, those are probably some of the worst/cheapest sounders you can get! Cheap tat IMO.

I would recommend either a Risco Novagard or a Texecom Odyssey if you want a good one. Both are less than £35 or so just do a google search for em, there are plenty of places online selling the Texecom stuff.

Thanks. I like the look of the Risco Novaguard unit. Sturdy and exclusive looking. The Texecom unit looks like too many other units. little threat value. Bill Sykes and Co will recognize them and can spot one not professionally installed and therefore probably not monitored.

Any idea where I can purchase the Risco unit from?

With no recognised company name on the box it's blatantly a DiY

Sponsored Links
Too true, that is why I am shying away from the Texecom unit. Too many of them bolted to the outside of buildings. Any little sneak who has done their homework will have a pretty good idea on how to silence them once in the building.
The Risco unit is a little different. Adds a degree of uncertainty. That can only be a good thing.

Must admit if I had the cash I would get a brand new system installed, but like so many others the goverment has taxed me into submission! :evil:

might as well put a Yale branded box up - then it would say "DIYer"

You said
Too true,

then

The Risco unit is a little different. Adds a degree of uncertainty.

No it does not.

No alarm company installs a system without having their name on the sounder.

I'm not beyond a little 'Invention' :D So long as I don't use a genuine company name and make sure the stencilling is of professional quality - it's not a problem.
and that's part of the perceived security a made up name gives.

Do you honestly think the crims. around your area don't know who are real and who are not?

Just accept that a 'home made box' is just that - Home made.

Thanks. I like the look of the Risco Novaguard unit. Sturdy and exclusive looking. The Texecom unit looks like too many other units. little threat value. Bill Sykes and Co will recognize them and can spot one not professionally installed and therefore probably not monitored.

Any idea where I can purchase the Risco unit from?

Yep, the security warehouse sells 2 of the Risco bells, the Nova 2 (the vertical one) and the Nova 6 (the triangular one).

They are both pretty similar apart from the Nova 2 has a more visable strobe light (the bit that flashes when it's ringing) but the Nova 6 is slightly louder due to it has an additional sounder.

Both excellent units in my experience. Go for the Nova 6 with a red backplate if you want highly visable flashing "comfort" LEDs, probably the brightest on the market!

You said
Too true,

then

The Risco unit is a little different. Adds a degree of uncertainty.

No it does not.

No alarm company installs a system without having their name on the sounder.

Well, look at it from this perspective, What ever I do, It can't be worse than what I have now. Even though it is a professionally installed system, the number on the box is obviously no longer in use. The box is faded and it all leads to the impression that the system is not maintained.

It's got to go!

I'm not beyond a little 'Invention' :D So long as I don't use a genuine company name and make sure the stencilling is of professional quality - it's not a problem.
and that's part of the perceived security a made up name gives.

Do you honestly think the crims. around your area don't know who are real and who are not?

Just accept that a 'home made box' is just that - Home made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back