Changing backup/stby battery . TS690

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a bat fault message on my TS690 control panel which is not a suprise since the battery is 7 years old.
The manual is branded "networker" and the external bell box says portcullis security on it.
No mention of Menvier in the instruction manual.

Anyone know what battery type I need and will removing the lid from the control unit in the airing cupboard cause the full external alarm to go off, and if it does will my acess code silence it whilst I head to Maplins to buy a new battery?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You need a 12 volt 7ah SLA battery (prefrebly one made by Yuasa, those are the best). Take the lid off the panel, this will cause the alarm to sound internally. Enter your code and the noise should stop. Replace the battery, replace the lid, enter your code again and press ESC. This should reset. The system may be set up to require an engineer to reset the system on tamper, in which case you will be able to silence the tamper alarm but not reset it.

Exactly as you said Scott, correct battery installed but now stuck with call engineer msge due lid tamper.

any ideas gratefully received.

if the alarm is not on a maintiance/monitoring contract you will probablly need to get out a local alarm firm to reset the codes (afaict this often involves completely reprogramming the panel so it isn't really a job for the inexperianced)

Unless you plan to get the alarm put on a maintiance contract make sure you get a copy of all the codes and if possible the engineer manual as well.

Sponsored Links
Resetting the engineers code on a Menvier is easy, as long as the code hasn't been locked into the panel (likely, considering that it was set up to require an engineer reset on tamper)

I don't really want to post specific info on an open forum, but if you can find an engineering manual, it's all in there.

I have found a manual online which mentions the initial engineers code which I will try tomorrow--dont want to risk setting the alarm off at night!!!

If it does not work it mentions a procedure for a factory restart--resetting the eng code via the control panel as long as I have a correct user passcode-- which I do.
If I do this are there any other implications ie will the system need complete re programming? I think not, but just want to be sure before I cause more problems.
There are 3 engineers menus, it is not initially clear which one I need to use to reset the lid tamper.

I tried calling the phone no on the bell box but it is now not in use. The house was new in 2000 and I bought it in 2003.

Scott, many thanks for your help, I have tried not to give out too much info in this posting, if I have I will remove/edit but I really appreciate your help and it only took me ten mins in google to find out what I have posted.

All the info is available to anyone - and is of no use to a would-be crook. Post whatever you like.

All the info is available to anyone - and is of no use to a would-be crook. Post whatever you like.

now you really show how little you actually know about security systems but hey there you go

If you were a crook - you could get every manual you wanted - so what's your problem?

If you were a crook - you could get every manual you wanted - so what's your problem?

almost - some G4`s are very limited distribution

so your now saying a manual would be of use to a crook ?

You tell me what use the average over the counter manual is to a crook.

You tell me what use the average over the counter manual is to a crook.

saxondale said:
now you really show how little you actually know about security systems but hey there you go

as if I`m going to discuss it on a public forum but hey ho there you go

Of course you are not - it would make you look an idiot if you did.

Of course you are not - it would make you look an idiot if you did.

no Joe - its been discussed to death on so many other sites both public / trade and industry and the end result is always that it compromises the security of a system.

topic closed

In other words Saxondale has backed down (as usual)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back