Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i've sorted it now.

Yes you have, the company you FAIL to mention in the PM made to me but give a clue to have offices in and around London.
The rates mentioned are about right, especially for a contract in dispute.

So this was either a wind up or an attempt at trying to discredit many for the sake of one.

and whats so special about a alarm fitter? why do they deserve premium wages? why do they deserve nearly £300 to change a battery? - truely disgusting.

like i say changing a hard drive in a pc, is probably more time consuming then a abttery change in a domestic alarm panel, not even pc world would charge £262+ parts to change a hard drive - neither would anyone else

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to prove here?

Alarm "fitters" have to have certain qualifications to do the complete job. Knowledge about many alarm, Access Control, Fire, CCTV and associated bits and bobs like programming. Internet protocols for viewing/servicing and a host of other operations.
Large companies overheads are higher as in this one being discussed by the OP. And they have a certain attitude about pricing. Hence many smaller companies can take and beat quotes and or contracts from them.

You have not even fitted your system yet after months however make many comments without knowing the full details.

When your capable and legally allowed to sign off your work you may see why some trades are "special" to themselves.

You and your new friend Skyboy who we all know is Yale and possibly others here are all DIY people commenting on professional systems.
Yet complain when we mention the DIY kit.

So as the saying goes, "You want your cake and to eat it" :rolleyes:

anyway, cup of coffee time before i go back upstairs, go some horrible vinyal tiles to take off the floor boards before i can lift them to run some more alarm cables.

debating wither to put a expnader downstairs for the 6 zones + speakers, i need for the 2 sheds.

Sponsored Links
or trying to £300 to change a battery is a damm right disgrace, because thats what we talking about a battery change, that was the ops thread, that was the ops posts, like i say people are not daft, this has only been about a alarm battery panel change @ nearly £300.

no different from a hard drive change in a pc, no different what so ever, or to make it more like for like, no damm different to changing a battery on a pc mother board.

Put it by the panel.

i may but then, that would just mean running a ton of cables upstairs back to panel, im thinking if i put the expander downstairs, its only then 1 cable back to the panel, and lots of cables to the downstairs expander, rather then more hole drilling and floor board lifting.

heres one for you, im and im been serrious here, do you recomend, i silicon seal the pir in the downstairs wet room as well as the shock sensor on the wet room window? i can not have this room unguarded, so must have a shock and pir in the wet room, 2 windows, 1 too small to gain entry.

1, It was a joke. Read the manual.
2, Detectors in a wet room.......................WTF

Getting the message yet why we earn our money.
Knowledge and system design.

wet room will not be left unguarded, cant see any problem what so ever in making a pir ip rated through silicon, or i suppose a external pir used in the wet room would sufice.

1, It was a joke. Read the manual.
2, Detectors in a wet room.......................WTF

Getting the message yet why we earn our money.
Knowledge and system design.

yer you charge nearly £300 for a battery change, that includes £200 to get in a van and drive to someones house (disguised as a call out "charge")

and whats so special about a alarm fitter? why do they deserve premium wages? why do they deserve nearly £300 to change a battery? - truely disgusting.

like i say changing a hard drive in a pc, is probably more time consuming then a abttery change in a domestic alarm panel, not even pc world would charge £262+ parts to change a hard drive - neither would anyone else
Well, without their FREE help you wouldn't have achieved what you did so easily with your kit you bought.

And please, you're getting like Yaleguy3 banging on about his pet subject. We couldn't give a fck about your hard drives in this forum.

same for you, no one gives a flying fck about your over charging battery changes, this a diy forum, if you dont like it, cancel your account and bugger off to the trade sites, toodle pip.

and for the advice i was given, as stated many many times, im gratefull and many thanks was given, and as said, i was here long before you turned up here, to do what i see as trade referals to your trade rather then help on a diy forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back