Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:) :)

Well about 10 minutes ago the door bell went and my NP7-12 Yuasa 12v 7Ah Battery arrived.

My old battery was already out of the control panel from the other day. Out of reach above the kitchen cabinets bye the way.
So I turned the mains off for the whole house and the old battery kicked in powering the alarm system.
I pulled off the wire from the old battery and connected to the new battery. The outside bell went off just like Associated Alarm said it would. I then connected the negative (black) terminal and this set off the inside bell. I jumped down off the kitchen steps and went to my keypad and punched in my code. It silenced both bells. I went back to the main box, put the new battery back inside the control panel, put the lid back, fastened the 3 grub screws. I then switched the mains back on, and at the keypad punched my code in again to clear the screen. The code needs to be entered twice as the fist time arms the alarm and the second disarms.
My keypad now says open as normal. Job Done ;)

All this took less then 10 minutes.

Thanks to the guys that supported my doings, and thanks to Associated Alarm for offering to supply me with the reset code had I needed it.

Battery cost me £23.18 including delivery from Hardwareexpress.co.uk.
total saving ---- £282.80-£23.18=£259.62 lovely jubley ;)

Sponsored Links
This is my question from a few days ago so you know what the above relates to.Hello everyone

My alarm people are charging £282 to come out and replace the back up battery in my Ts690. I think this is excessive.

I decided to take the front panel off and silenced the alarm with my pass code. I located the battery and ordered one off the net for £24 delivered.

Now before I get too clever and disconnect the old one, is there anything I should know about?

Is it really as simple as reconnecting the fast on spade terminals and punching my code in to reset?

Can the battery only be changed with an engineers code?

What about if I bridge the old batterry with the new one using two bits or wire? Do you think the system will detect the increase in volts and lock me out?

Many thanks
Ron

job done indeed, cash saved (a hell of alot of cash) and one overcharge avoided, the more people that do as you have done the better!

Sponsored Links
"AS I SAID"
Yep, thanks.
The offer still stood if needed.

As also stated if your lucky its just a dead battery, not a faulty charger or anything else. It was constantly mentioned that certain tests would be done if by the company.

We still do not know all the details nor the name of the company, care to use the PM system to let me know. See if I know them?

I know most if not all in your area and it would be interesting if I do actually know them. ( I know most in and around London, you would after 30+ years of completing with them).
There would of course be no comeback to yourself.

PS you need to reset the time and date,
Code enter enter 2 (Time eg 1700) ESC ESC
Code enter enter 3 (date eg 1405) ESC ESC
Can do it all at once but this is the easier method if your unused to it.

The banner message if there will still be the same as all programming.

"AS I SAID"
Yep, thanks.
The offer still stood if needed.

As also stated if your lucky its just a dead battery, not a faulty charger or anything else. It was constantly mentioned that certain tests would be done if by the company.

We still do not know all the details nor the name of the company, care to use the PM system to let me know. See if I know them?

I know most if not all in your area and it would be interesting if I do actually know them. ( I know most in and around London, you would after 30+ years of completing with them).
There would of course be no comeback to yourself.

PS you need to reset the time and date,
Code enter enter 2 (Time eg 1700) ESC ESC
Code enter enter 3 (date eg 1405) ESC ESC
Can do it all at once but this is the easier method if your unused to it.

The banner message if there will still be the same as all programming.
Thanks, I've done this. trying to reinstall your post

Unless your a moderator or admin you cannot do anything to my post.
Or is this a wind up?

Top of page there ia messages, press that and send new message type my name in the top box and then your reply in big one then press send

Unless your a moderator or admin you cannot do anything to my post.
Or is this a wind up?

Top of page there ia messages, press that and send new message type my name in the top box and then your reply in big one then press send

No, :) No wind up. I accidently clicked ignore.
I think i've sorted it now.

I tell you what, you had me in stitches with all that stuff about nasa computor and level 100 access with oxford degrees lol, very funny.

Your damn right though, we are held to ransom by a lot of companys. Car dealers are the worst. I do all my servicing myself. Its only nuts and bolts aint it? :LOL:

Thats why on modern cars when you open the bonnet you see these fancy covers on top of the engines with special screws so you cant undo them.

Buy the tools to undo them and DIY!

I tell you what, you had me in stitches

I too have been in stitches today,

Thats why on modern cars when you open the bonnet you see these fancy covers on top of the engines with special screws so you cant undo them.

Buy the tools to undo them and DIY!

As a local money centric DIYer did. The car subsequently failed its MOT on exhaust gases being well above limits. He apparently has done several hundreds of pounds worth of damage to the engine and may need a new one.

I think i've sorted it now.

Yes you have, the company you FAIL to mention in the PM made to me but give a clue to have offices in and around London.
The rates mentioned are about right, especially for a contract in dispute.

So this was either a wind up or an attempt at trying to discredit many for the sake of one.

@ bernard, thats his problem, not those that are confident enough to change a battery on a alarm, and save over £250.

a average minimum wage worker, having to work a week, to give his full weeks wages to a company to change his alarm battery is just not on, had the compnay quoted him £50 to £60 to change the battery, then i think the op might just of found this resonable and paid it.

like i said i would be laughed at should i attempt to charge someone £262+ parts to change a hard drive in a pc/laptop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back